SynergEyes® is now offering doctors the ability to empirically fit not only Duette® hybrid contact lenses, but also UltraHealth® hybrid contact lenses. We believe that this new empirical capability will increase practice efficiency, and provide a high likelihood of success when prescribing our specialty hybrid lenses.
What is needed in order to fit Duette and Duette Progressive empirically?
SynergEyes provides an easy-to-use online calculator here where you can input your patient’s ocular measurements. Then orders can be placed by logging into RxConnect or by calling Customer Care.
SynergEyes is no longer providing fit sets for Duette or Duette Progressive. All lens prescribing is done empirically.
What is needed in order to fit UltraHealth?
For UltraHealth, doctors have three choices.
- Order lenses 100% empirically. The added ability to fit these lenses empirically reduces the initial chair time to determine the first lens to order, and reduces the staff time in cleaning diagnostic lenses.
- Have Consultation help select the first lens from an existing fit set when providing empirical measurements.
- Continue to use the fit set as before. Using the fit set in the office allows the patients to experience the vision and feel of an UltraHealth lens and helps determine the lens power.
The UltraHealth online fitting calculator is still being developed. In the meantime you can call in your orders to our Technical Consultation team at 1.877.733.2012, option 2, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you call to
place your empirical order, please provide:
- Keratometry readings
- Eccentricity data, often listed as E, E squared, CEI, shape factor, or Q value
- Manifest refraction
- For power: Previous RGP or scleral data with base curve and over-refraction
Our consultants will collect that data from you and personally place your order.
SynergEyes is an advanced-technology contact lens company, providing a complete continuum of innovative products for contact lens specialists and their patients. Brands include Duette® hybrid lenses for astigmatism and presbyopia, UltraHealth® hybrid and SynergEyes VSTM scleral lenses for irregular corneas and SimplifEyes 1Day daily disposable soft contact lenses. The SynergEyes portfolio also includes ClearKone®, and SynergEyes® A, MF, KC, and PS hybrid lenses.