The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) recently updated their standards for care and hygienic management of trial contact lenses meant for multipatient use. The recent update replaces the ISO/TS 19979:2014 guidelines and has been technically advised through an ISO technical committe
Trial contact lenses are primarily used on one individual. Lenses in fit sets for use on multiple patients can be safely re-used when cleaned and stored properly between uses, and disposed of after a recommended number of uses.
To view and download the SynergEyes guides for both scleral and soft hybrid contact lenses, please click here.
For more information on the new ISO 19979:2018 standards, please click here.
Changes compared to the ISO/TS 19979:2014 include:
- The ISO 19979:2018 is now classified as an International Standard.
- The specific processes of hygienic management are now presented as tables;
- A flow chart of the hygienic management process has been introduced;
- The example of disinfection procedure using hydrogen peroxide has been moved to Annex A;
- Editorial revisions have been implemented.
SynergEyes is an advanced-technology contact lens company, providing a complete continuum of innovative products for contact lens specialists and their patients. Brands include Duette® hybrid lenses for astigmatism and presbyopia, UltraHealth® hybrid and SynergEyes VSTM scleral lenses for irregular corneas and SimplifEyes 1Day daily disposable soft contact lenses. The SynergEyes portfolio also includes ClearKone®, and SynergEyes® A, MF, KC, and PS hybrid lenses.